Sweet, tangy and full of pulp, fresh lemonade is one of my favorite summer drinks. It’s not often I get to make it from scratch, but when I do, you can be sure I’m adding “something” to it other than lemons. This particular recipe includes limes (and just so happens to be one of my secret ingredients!) and lavender. I’ve been known to add fresh sprigs of rosemary or muddled basil as well.
Homemade Lavender Lemonade
- 6 lemons, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 drops Lavender Vitality essential oil
- 10 cups filtered or spring water
- Juice your lemons (and limes) room temperature, you will get more from them.
- Roll the lemons (and limes) on the counter using the palm of your hand to release as much juice as possible.
- Always throw in a lime, it adds “dimension” to your beverage!
- The citrus juicer shown in the video works really well. I own it and use it for lemons, limes, and even small oranges!
- Adding agave sweetener instead of honey works well also especially if you are trying to cut down on glycemic spikes like I am.
- Rum wouldn’t be such a bad addition, just sayin’…